Below is the City’s schedule in observance of the Christmas and New Year’s holidays:
1. City of Winchester government offices will be CLOSED: December 24-25 and January 1
2. Refuse and recycling schedule:
- Recycling collection on Tuesday, December 25 is moved to Wednesday, December 26.
- Recycling collection on Tuesday, January 1 is moved to Wednesday, January 2.
- City-wide yard waste collection on Wednesday, December 26 and January 2 is canceled.
- Undecorated Christmas trees will be collected curbside with regular yard waste on January 9 and 16 (last day of current yard waste collection season is January 16, weather permitting).
3. Jim Barnett Park Rec Center schedule:
- December 24-25: CLOSED
- December 31: Closing at 3:00 pm
- January 1: CLOSED
4. WinTran will not be operating: December 24-25 and January 1
5. Winchester-Frederick County Visitors Center will be CLOSED: December 24-25 and January 1
6. Joint Judicial Center will be CLOSED: December 24, 25 & 31 and January 1