Rouss City Hall, located at 15 North Cameron Street, was built in 1901 and houses many City administrative offices (City Manager, City Attorney, Human Resources, Finance, Commissioner of the Revenue, Treasurer, Utilities, Engineering, Information Technology, Purchasing, Communications, Planning, Zoning and Inspections). The last major renovation was completed in 1986 and several major systems in the building need to be updated (i.e. HVAC). Schematics of the proposed renovation were presented to Council at the March 8, 2016 Work Session by the project's architects, Reader & Swartz Architects, P.C. Finalized design plans were presented to City Council at the October 25, 2016 Work Session and approved at the November 8, 2016 regular meeting. Through this renovation, the City hopes to improve customer service by reorganizing office locations, working conditions for employees and technology capabilities.
There is $1,165,000 in the FY2017 CIP budget that was adopted by City Council for renovations to City Hall.
- January 27, 2017 - Advertise the project for construction bids
- March 10, 2017 - Construction bids due
- No bids were received
- May 5, 2017 - Bid reissued
- June 30, 2017 - Began bid review process
- July 27, 2017 - Intent to Award presented to vendor to begin the negotiation period
- September 25, 2017 - Begin construction in phases
- 365 calendar days after construction begins - Project completed
- Held a bid opening with staff responsible for reviewing the bids for the City Hall Renovation project at 2 pm on Friday, March 10. Unfortunately, no bids were received. Staff will contact vendors who attended the mandatory pre-bid meeting to obtain more information and begin working on revisions to the bid documents for future reissuance (May 5).
- Pre-bid meeting for reissued bid scheduled for May 18 at 11:00 am.
- The second round of bids were due on June 23 by 2:00 pm.
- The City has chosen Lantz Construction for the project and made an Intent to Award announcement on July 27, 2017. This is does not mean the contract has been awarded or that construction can begin. The Intent to Award begins the negotiation period.
- Phase I construction work will begin on the first and fourth floors on September 25, 2017. This phase of work will take approximately 20 weeks to complete.