The City of Winchester published its first bi-weekly podcast titled The Rouss Review on Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. The podcast is the newest addition to the long list of communication channels currently offered by the City (see video: publiCITY episode #7 - Communications).
New episodes of The Rouss Review will be published each Thursday following the Council meetings held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. Possible podcast segments include:
- Council BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) - review of discussions and decisions at the most recent Council meeting & work session
- Winchester 101 – interesting facts and stories about the history of Winchester, hosted by Planning Director and local historian Tim Youmans
- State of the City – quarterly review of City projects and Strategic Plan progress, hosted by City Manager Eden Freeman
- Now You Know – laws, rules, trivia, etc. that you may not know about the city
- Job Talk – overview of current City job openings
- Upcoming Events and Activities
- Interviews with city staff and officials about current projects, services, news, and more
“We are continuously searching for new and interesting ways to communicate important information to our residents and businesses,” stated Communications Director Amy Simmons. “Podcasts are meant to be informative and accessible. Listeners can stay up to date on what’s happening with their local government by tuning in at their convenience on a mobile device or computer.”
The podcast will be hosted by Barry Lee of 92.5 WINC-FM, who currently hosts the City’s official monthly news web show, publiCITY. The Rouss Review is available on SoundCloud and is coming soon to iTunes for free download. Visit www.winchesterva.gov/rouss-review for more information and a link to the podcast.