Ann T. Burkholder, Commissioner of the Revenue
The Commissioner of the Revenue, Ann T. Burkholder, is an elected official responsible to the community for the equitable application of the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Ordinances of the City of Winchester directed by the Code of Virginia.
This office is responsible for the administration of the following local taxes:
- Personal Property Tax Assessment
- Local Business, Professional Occupation License
- Meals & Lodging Tax
- Tax Relief for the Elderly and /or Totally disabled
- Short Term Rental Tax
- Real Estate Records and Taxes
- Motor Vehicle Registration
Additional responsibilities include:
- Receipt of Virginia individual Income Tax Returns.
- Provide assistance in the filing of Virginia Individual Income Tax returns.
- Problem resolution between taxpayers and the Virginia Department of Taxation.
- Monitor legislation to be acted upon by the General Assembly that may affect our community.
- Maintain a library of Tax Forms.
"Our responsibility and goal are to provide state mandated duties of fair and equitable assessments, while providing quality customer service for the citizens of the City of Winchester."