The Shenandoah Valley Girls on the Run is a family friendly fun run. Join the 266 GOTR girls as they achieve their goal of completing a 5k.
5K contact phone #: 540-431-5320
Jim Barnett Park Road Closures
The Girls on the Run 5K is scheduled for this Saturday and the course involves the interior roads of Jim Barnett, Millwood Avenue and Pleasant Valley Road. Due the number of participants, (over 500) we will be closing the interior roads in the park for the duration of the race. Due to this access, various venues in the park will be restricted for a period of time affecting the following:
- Maple Drive will be closed at Cork Street and Lowery at 8:45 AM until the runners have passed these points. This is estimated to be 11:00 AM at the latest.
- Limited Access may be gained to the War Memorial Building & Active Living Center from Cork Street via Bridgeforth Drive from 8:45 – 11:00 AM. Those needing to access the War Memorial Building & Active Living Center must be in the Parking Lot of the Buildings no later than 8:45 AM. If they are not in the parking lot by this time they will not be permitted to proceed until all runners have passed the intersection of Bridgeforth and Oak. There will be Race Marshals, Parks & Recreation Staff and/or Law Enforcement Staff posted at all intersections to control traffic flow in the interest of public safety. Note: the parking lot at Bridgeforth Field will be available with no interruptions and only a short walk to the War Memorial Building.
Organizations with scheduled events that may be affected by the road closures include the following:
- Winchester Parks & Recreation Junior and Senior Youth Basketball – must be in the building/parking area prior to 8:45am and/or expect delays; please be patient or park in Bridgeforth Field parking lot
- Winchester Swim Team – Must be in the building or out of the parking area prior to 8:45 AM
- Handley High School Swim Team - Must be in the building/parking area prior to 8:45 AM
- Millbrook High School Swim Team – Entry to the main parking lot will be delayed; please be patient or park in Bridgeforth Field parking lot
- James Wood High School Swim Team - Entry to the main parking lot may be delayed; please be patient or park in Bridgeforth Field parking lot
City Road Closures
1) Lowry Drive from Pleasant Valley Road to Maple Street
2) University Drive from Maple Street to Millwood Avenue
3) 1 LANE of Pleasant Valley Road from Millwood Avenue to Cork Street
Time: 8:45 AM until the last runner