A message from your Fire and Rescue Chief
It is my privilege & honor to introduce you to the Winchester Fire and Rescue Department. We are an effective combination system comprised of four volunteer owned stations. We have sixty six career Firefighter/EMT’s and officers, three administrative staff, twenty-one active operational volunteers, and sixty active administrative volunteer members who proudly serve our community by providing 24-hour fire protection and advanced medical life support service. Collectively, the volunteers own the stations, all the ambulances, fire engines and ladder trucks utilized for emergency response within the City. Our goal is to provide a community based, all-hazards emergency service delivery system. We meet this goal through mutual respect, open communication and teamwork operating as one efficient and effective department. In 2013, our department handled over 5,605 calls for service. Our career and volunteer personnel participated in over 9,500 hours of training.
Our Department’s Mission Statement is "to develop and deploy a coordinated service delivery system through which the community is provided public safety services in a professional and cost effective manner."
The Winchester Fire and Rescue Department’s services include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Suppression
- Hazardous Materials Response and Mitigation
- Fire Investigations
- Fire Prevention Inspections
- Fire and EMS Public Education
- Child Safety Seat Installation
- Fire/EMS Coverage for local Public Events
- Tactical Emergency Medical Operators for the Police SWAT Team
Our commitment to our customers is to:
- Support and maintain a safe, healthy, well-trained workforce
- Provide the highest quality of patient care
- Be a community resource for life safety information and knowledge
- Attract and retain a qualified and diverse career and volunteer workforce
- Be accountable to our community for demonstrable results
- Be a recognized leader of progressive fire and rescue services that is dedicated to excellence
- Support the combination system of career and volunteer fire and EMS personnel working in unity
- Be a leader in supporting our regional public safety partners
- Be innovative and proactive in our approach to community issues
- Believe in our role as stewards of public trust by doing the right thing for our citizens and visitors
The Winchester Fire and Rescue Department proudly serves all citizens and visitors. I hope you have enjoyed your visit to our website and find the time to visit the City of Winchester and our fire stations. I am honored and privileged to serve our community as Fire and Rescue Chief, and I look forward to continuing the legacy of providing excellence in service through our brave career and volunteer professionals. I extend an invitation to come back and visit our website often for updates.
Whether you are thinking about volunteering at one of our stations, considering a career as a professional firefighter/medic, need non-emergency assistance, would like to schedule a tour of one of our fire and rescue stations or a public education event, call our non-emergency number at 540-662-2298. Winchester Fire and Rescue Department is committed to your safety and meeting customer expectations.
Allen Baldwin, Fire and Rescue Chief