The following funeral arrangements have been set for fallen Winchester Police Officer Hunter Edwards:
Thursday, November 29
3-5 pm and 6-8 pm
Winchester Church of God
2080 N. Frederick Pike, Winchester, VA 22603
Friday, November 30
Winchester Church of God
*Open to law enforcement personnel, and family, friends and acquaintances of Officer Edwards ONLY
Community members interested in showing their respects to Officer Edwards, his family and the WPD are encouraged to do so on the procession route following the funeral on November 30. Convenient parking is available at four downtown garages and several nearby lots. The procession is expected to leave the church around 1 pm.
Procession will take place from the Winchester Church of God to Amherst Street:
- Route 522 toward Winchester
- Left on N. Wyck Street
- Right on N. Cameron Street
- Left on E. Piccadilly Street
- Pass the Timbrook Public Safety Center
- Right on N. East Lane
- Right on E. Boscawen Street
- Left on S. Cameron Street
- Right on Cork Street
- Right on Stewart Street
- Left on Amherst Street
- End at Fox Drive
Expected Road Closures
The above streets will be closed immediately following the conclusion of the funeral (approx. 1 pm) and remain closed until the procession passes.
- First and foremost, the family requests that media representatives respect their privacy during all events.
- Interviews of family members will not be granted during any of the services.
- Representatives must RSVP by noon on 11/29 to attend the funeral (Contact: Amy Simmons, City of Winchester Communications Director, 540-667-1815, ext. 1670, firstname.lastname@example.org). Media representatives will not be permitted inside the church during visitation.
- Arrive no later than 1o:00 am at the church on 11/30 for check in. Must be set up by 10:30 am. Service will begin at 11:00 am.
- Upon arriving, check in at the front desk with Communications staff and provide credentials.
- An area inside the church will be designated for members of the media during the funeral. A media staging area will be designated for funeral activities held outside.
- A pool camera may be utilized to minimize disruption during the funeral.
- Live streaming is not permitted.
- No flash photography.
- Media parking is designated for convenient exit prior to the procession leaving the church (provided after RSVP is received).
Making Donations to the Edwards Family
The Winchester-Frederick County Law Enforcement Foundation has partnered with City National Bank to establish an honorary fund in the name of Officer Hunter Edwards. Donations are collected at the Winchester and Stephens City branches are by mail (P.O. Box 662, Winchester, VA 22604). Please write "Officer Hunter Edwards" on the subject line of the check.