The City of Winchester began the Fiscal Year 2018 street repaving program on Monday, July 17. The FY18 program includes repaving on 20 different streets with an overall distance of approximately 9.50 lane miles (see list below). The streets selected for paving are based on an annual review of all streets in the city and criteria that includes the classification of the street, traffic volumes, and the current physical condition.
The City’s goal is to complete all of the repaving for the streets on the list this fall, before Thanksgiving (weather permitting). Any work remaining after Thanksgiving will be completed in the spring of 2018.
The total cost of the repaving program this year will be approximately $1 million with the City of Winchester paying half ($500,000). The other half ($500,000) will be paid with State Revenue Sharing Funds from VDOT.
When work is occurring on a specific street, that street will be closed to thru traffic. The City reminds everyone to please slow down and drive cautiously near these work zones.
Paving Schedule (updated regularly):
- October 23-25
- Smithfield from Kern to city limits
- October 18-20
- Vanfossen Street from Virginia Avenue to Green Street
- October 16-18 =
- Green Street from Smithfield Avenue to Baker Lane (COMPLETE)
- August 2 =
- Roberts Street from Lambden to Bellview (COMPLETE)
- July 27-28 & July 31 =
- Roberts Street (section where digging occurred for maintenance on underground water lines) (COMPLETE)
- July 27-28 =
- Packer Street extension from end of Packer Street to W. Cedarmeade Avenue (COMPLETE)
- July 24-26 =
- Darrview Street from West to East Street (COMPLETE)
- South Street from West Street to East Street (COMPLETE)
- West Street from National to Woodstock (COMPLETE)
- July 21 & 24 = Molden from Woodstock Lane to end (COMPLETE)
- July 19-20 =
- Grove from Purcell to Pleasant Valley (COMPLETE)
- Purcell from Cork to Woodstock (COMPLETE)
- July 17-19 = Commerce Street between S. Loudoun and Southwerk (COMPLETE)
FY18 Repaving List:
|Van Fossen||Virginia||City Limit||0.92|
|Fox Drive||Whittier||City Limit||1.19|