The City of Winchester intends to apply for a Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Partnership Grant (CCPG) as it has done in the past and is now accepting applications from eligible organizations for FY20 grant funding.
- Be a local non-profit art organization.
- Art projects and performances must occur within the assessment district boundaries of Old Town Winchester.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for performers.
- Submit applications by Monday, January 28, 2019.
Applications are currently available on the Old Town Winchester (OTW) website at www.EnjoyOTW.com or by contacting Old Town Winchester at OTW@WinchesterVA.gov. The Old Town Advancement Commission is expected to review applications and make recommendations for funding at its February 7, 2019 meeting (5:30 pm, Rouss City Hall, Council Chambers).
In FY19, the City of Winchester was awarded a $4,500 CCPG grant and appropriated $5,000 in the Old Town operational budget for this program. Funds totaling $9,500 were split between all grant applicants:
- $500 to Arts Chorale of Winchester
- $3,000 to First Night Winchester
- $3,000 to Shenandoah Arts Council
- $3,000 to Skyline Indie Film Fest