The Winchester Dog Park, open to members only, is located in Jim Barnett Park and divided into two areas:
- Small Dog Park - For dogs under 30 lbs (no dogs over 30 lbs are allowed in this area).
- Large Dog Park - For dogs over 30 lbs. Smaller dogs may go into the larger area at owner's discretion.
Hours of Operation
Not open to the general public. For Winchester Dog Park members only.
Regular Hours (April 1 – October 31):
- 6:00 am–9:00 pm
CLOSED FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE:
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
- 2:00–3:00 pm
Winter Hours (November 1 – March 31):
- Monday–Friday, 6:00 am–5:00 pm
- Saturday, 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Sunday, Noon–5:00 pm
- CLOSED: December 23–January 2
Dog Park memberships are sold on a calendar year basis at Winchester Parks & Recreation Department offices in the War Memorial Building in Jim Barnett Park.
Requirements for Membership:
- Dog license
- Current vaccination (including Rabies)
- Three dogs max per household. Ratio must be one owner or handler to one dog. No exceptions.
- Failure to provide this information can result in your membership being denied.
2017 Membership Fees:
Winchester City Resident (first dog): $18 annual fee
Additional dog (up to 3 total dogs): $6 annual fee
Non-Winchester City Resident (first dog): $24 annual fee
Additional dog (up to 3 total dogs): $8 annual fee
Registration Form and Rules:
Available on the Forms, Publications and Reports webpage.
Support the Dog Park
The Winchester Dog Park was built through the efforts of many hard working volunteers. Many of the funds used to construct the park were raised by these volunteers through the Winchester Parks Foundation. The dog park committee of volunteers continues to raise funds for the dog park through the Winchester Parks Foundation donations.