The City’s Communications Office guarantees that residents, employees and the public at-large are kept accurately informed of City government services, activities and programs in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
The Communications Office facilitates public access to information, heightens awareness of government services and serves as a clearinghouse for all official government communications with the public and media.
- INSIGHT Citizen's Academy
- Latest News
- CitE-News (weekly electronic newsletter)
- Social Media Connect - Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
- City Manager's Week In Review
- Comcast Cable channel 6
- Publications - Annual Reports, Informational Calendar, Brochures, Budget In Brief, etc.
- Emergency Notification System
- Public Records Request (FOIA) requests
- Media Relations
- Records Retention and Management
- Boards and Commissions member appointment management
- Marketing and graphic design
- Citizen survey (every three years) - 2014 2011
- Website content
- Mobile app - COMING SOON
Annual Photo Contest
Each year, the City invites the public to submit their photos for possible inclusion in the City's annual informational calendar. Get in on the fun and send us your best shots! Photos must be taken inside city limits and be submitted by the November deadline each year. Photos from all seasons wanted.
Click here for the 2017 contest Call for Entry and Application. NOTE: If the form will not allow you to sign electronically, save the PDF to your computer, open it in Adobe Acrobat and then fill it out. Remember to save and send.
Let Us Know How We're Doing
Rouss City Hall
15 North Cameron Street
Winchester, VA 22601
(540) 667-1815, ext. 1670
Fax (540) 722-3618