Current Snow Plan Activated
As of 5:25 pm (3/14) - Snow Plan A
As of 5:30 am on Wednesday, March 15 (Check back often for updates)
- City offices are opening on regular schedule.
- Winchester Public Schools are operating on a 2-hour delay (March 15).
- City Council meetings on March 14 have been postponed until Tuesday, March 21 at 6 pm.
- Recycling collection on Tuesday, March 14 is postponed until Wednesday, March 15. The start of the 2017-2018 yard waste collection season will be postponed until Wednesday, March 22.
Parking in Old Town
The four downtown garages have space available if you'd like to get your vehicle off the street during the storm.
- DO NOT PARK ON THE ROOF
- Cost: $.50/hour or $10.00 maximum per day (midnight to midnight)
- Free parking will be made available ONLY when Snow Plan C is activated
Remove Snow from Sidewalks & Around Fire Hydrants
Property owners and occupants are responsible for clearing sidewalks of snow and ice in front of their building or home (City Code Ordinance, Section 26-15).
|Snowfall||Removal from Sidewalk|
|6" or less||Within 24 hours|
|More than 6"||Within 48 hours|
For questions about the City's snow/ice removal ordinance, please contact the Code Enforcement Division at (540) 667-1815.
Please help keep fire hydrants clear of snow (3' radius) so firefighters can find them and hook up quickly in the event of a fire.
Snow Plans and Emergency Snow Routes
Click here for information about the City's Snow Plans and Emergency Routes.
Register for Winchester Alerts
Receive emergency notifications and opt-in to receive non-emergency alerts concerning refuse/recycling schedule changes, snow plan activation/deactivation, City facility closures, etc. by signing up for the City's Emergency Alert program. Fully customize your account and select how (text, phone or email) and when (set quick times) you want to receive messages.
Only addresses with 22601 can register. Questions? Call the City's Communications Manager at (540) 667-1815.