The Winchester Department of Social Services will begin accepting Medicaid expansion (MAGI Adults) applications beginning November 1 as directed by Governor Northam. Coverage will begin January 1, 2019 and is for adults ages 19-64 who are not Medicare eligible and meet low income requirements.
There are four ways to submit a MAGI Adult (Medicaid expansion) application:
- CommonHelp online portal (preferred option #1) – www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- CoverVA Call Center (preferred option #2) – (855) 242-8282
- VDSS Enterprise Call Center – (855) 635-4370
- The Marketplace – www.healthcare.gov
Individuals on the Governor’s Access Plan (GAP) and Planned First (PF) programs will be automatically enrolled and do not need to submit an application. SNAP participants will be contacted to inform them that may now be eligible for health coverage and must do one of the following next steps:
- Complete and return the form that is mailed to them
- Call the CoverVA Call Center to complete the enrollment process
- Complete the enrollment process via CommonHelp
For additional information including questions about coverage, please visit www.coverva.org or call (855) 242-8282. Individuals who are deaf or hearing impaired can call (888) 221-1590.