Citizens needing to verify their voter registration status are encouraged to call the General Registrar's office at (540) 545-7910. Please call as early as possible prior to the voter registration deadline for each election.
Please report change of name or address
To remain a qualified registered voter, the law requires you to notify your local voter registration office of any change in your name or address. This must be done before the registration books close for the next election to assure your eligibility to participate in that election. You may submit your notice of name or address change either by mail or fax to:
Winchester Voter Registrar
107-A N. East Lane
Winchester, VA 22601
Fax (540) 545-7925.
NOTE: In either case, the notice must include your signature to be valid. Notice cannot be made by telephone or e-mail.
2016 - 2018 Election Calendar
|Federal Offices||President / Vice President||X|
|House Of Representatives||X||X|
|General Assembly||Virginia Senate|
|House Of Delegates||X|
|Local Offices||Commissioner Of Revenue||X|
|Clerk Of Court|
|City Offices||City Of Winchester - Mayor||X|
|City Of Winchester - Council Members||X||X|
|Soil and Water Directors|
- Virginia has a General Election every year on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- Federal offices are elected in even-numbered years.
- State and Local Constitutional Officers are elected in odd-numbered years.
- The City of Winchester Mayor and City Council members are elected in even-numbered years for 4-year terms.
- The Mayor is elected at-large.
- Council members are elected on a staggered basis with 4 of the 8 members (1 from each ward) elected every 2 years.
- If primaries are called by the political parties and held, they will be on the second Tuesday in June.