The City of Winchester will operate on the following schedule the week of September 7, 2020 in observance of the Labor Day holiday:
- City administrative offices are closed on Monday, September 7.
- WinTran routes are canceled on Monday, September 7. Service resumes on Tuesday, September 8.
- Monday’s (September 7) recycling collection is rescheduled for Wednesday, September 9. Yard Waste is canceled on September 9.
- Jim Barnett Park Rec Center is closed on Labor Day; however, the outdoor pool will be open regular hours. September 7 is the last day for the outdoor pool 2020 season. The indoor pool will open September 8 with limited capacity and designated times for lap swim, general swim and fitness classes.
- Joint Judicial Center is closed on Labor Day.
- Metered parking in Old Town Winchester is always free on weekends and designated holidays including Labor Day.
- Winchester-Frederick County Visitors Center, located at 1400 S. Pleasant Valley Road, will be open on Labor Day from 9 am-5 pm to greet and assist residents and visitors.
City Buildings to Reopen After Labor Day
City buildings will reopen to the public on Tuesday, September 8 and will resume normal business hours. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, we encourage residents and businesses to Skip the Trip and continue using our online services and drop boxes and contact staff by email or phone whenever possible. Visit www.winchesterva.gov/reopening-information for more details about online services, office locations (some have moved), new procedures, and more.
If a visit is necessary, please remember to wear a mask, practice social distancing, and stay home if you are sick.