The City of Winchester will be awarding grants to eligible, locally owned micro-sized businesses, large-sized businesses, and 501(c)3 non-profit organizations that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Micro-sized businesses and 501(c)3 non-profit organizations may receive a maximum grant award of up to $5,000. Large-sized businesses may receive a maximum grant award of up to $10,000.
- Micro-sized Businesses - Businesses that employ between zero and forty-nine W-2 employees and have less than $2.5 million in annual gross receipts
- Large-sized Businesses - Businesses that have more than forty-nine W-2 employees
How To Apply
Applicants should email their completed application, along with all materials to email@example.com. In the SUBJECT line of your email, please include:
- Your business/organization’s name
- CARES grant program
In the body of the email on the first line, list all your contact information and attach all required documents in the same email. Incomplete applications will impact your business' eligibility to receive grant funds.
Deadline: September 30, 2020 by 5 pm
You may also mail your completed application and materials to 15 N. Cameron Street, Winchester, VA 22601. Must be received by the deadline of September 30, 2020 by 5 pm.
- Completed and signed application form
- Filled out “Grant Use of Funds” and “Financial Analysis” Tables on pg. 3
- Copies of the bills for which you are seeking reimbursement. For rent, please include a copy of your lease.
- A projection of cash flow for the next 6 to 12 months
- A Winchester City Business License, if applicable
- IRS Form 501(c)(3) Exemption Letter (non-profits)
- IRS Form 990 (non-profits)
Please contact the City's Development Services staff:
Shawn Hershberger, Director
540-667-1815, ext. 1435
Shirley Dodson, Business & Community Development Manager
540-667-1815, ext. 1660