Beginning August 11, 2020, community members will have additional ways to address Council during the public comment and public hearing sections of the agenda for virtual City Council meetings. In addition to the online public comment form, community members now have the option to call in or use the WebEx platform to address Council live during the meeting.
Each person who chooses to speak, instead of submitting the online form, will be called upon and unmuted when it’s their turn. To help with this process, community members wishing to address Council are asked to sign up in advance using any of the below options:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 540-667-1815, ext. 1502 or 1670
- Send a private message via the City’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/winchestervagov/
- Sign up by providing your information to the sign-up sheet available at the Jim Barnett Park Rec Center (open M-F, 8 am-5 pm), 1001 E. Cork Street, Winchester
Those wishing to address Council who did not sign up in advance can still speak but must be logged in on the WebEx platform online (not via phone). When the public comment period or public hearing begins, press the “wave your hand” button, indicating you’d like to speak. Please be sure to include your name when you log in so the moderator can call on you when appropriate.
Things to remember about public comments during Council meetings:
- Provide your name and address for the record before speaking
- Each speaker has three minutes
- Make sure your microphone is turned on in your computer settings
- Do not unmute your microphone at any time (staff will unmute you when it’s your turn to speak)
- The live feed on the City’s agenda portal (https://winchesterva.civicweb.net/Portal/) has a slight delay and will not be in sync with the WebEx video/audio
- The public comment period and public hearings are a time for Council to listen and Council will not respond to comments or answer questions, but may follow up at another time
Login information (WebEx) for the City Council Special (5 pm) and Regular Meetings (6 pm) and Word Session (immediately following the regular meeting) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 is as follows:
Meeting number (access code): 132 788 9712
Meeting password: WinCC (94622 from phones and video systems)
Join the meeting via WebEx (online)
Join by phone
- +1-408-418-9388 United States Toll
- Global call-in numbers
Join by video system, application or Skype for business
- Dial firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
Instructions on how to use WebEx:
For instructions on how to provide public comment at other City of Winchester boards, commissions or authorities, please click here.