The City of Winchester intends to apply for a Virginia Commission for the Arts Creative Communities Partnership (CCP) Grant, as it has done in past years, and is now accepting applications from eligible organizations for FY21 grant funding.
- Applicant must be a local non-profit arts organization.
- Art projects and performances must occur within the Primary and Secondary Districts of Old Town Winchester between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021.
- Funds must be used to support approved activities and may not be used to pay performers.
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, January 25, 2020.
Applications are currently available on the Old Town Winchester (OTW) website at www.EnjoyOTW.com or by contacting Old Town Winchester at OTW@winchesterva.gov or 540-535-3660. The Old Town Advancement Commission is expected to review applications and make recommendations for funding at its February 6, 2020 meeting at 5:30 pm in Rouss City Hall.
In FY20, the City of Winchester was awarded a $4,500 CCP grant and appropriated an additional $5,000 in the Old Town operational budget for this program. Funds totaling $9,500 were split between all grant applicants in the following amounts:
- $3,166.67 to First Night Winchester
- $3,166.66 to Shenandoah Arts Council
- $3,166.67 to Skyline Indie Film Fest