Now that the roll-off cart distribution has been completed city-wide, we encourage our customers to reuse their old cans for other purposes (i.e., yard waste or recycling collection, make a rain barrel or composting bin, etc.). However, if they prefer to get rid of their old cans or want to donate them, we are offering two curbside disposal options on the following designated days.
DONATION OPTION: October 5, 2021
- Crews will collect unwanted cans and store them for donation.
- Anyone who’d like to pick up a donated can are welcome to stop by City Yards (301 E. Cork Street), Monday-Friday between the hours of 7:30 am-3:30 pm on October 6, 2021 only.
- The cans will be available for pick up (free) in the City Yards parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
DISPOSAL OPTION: Trash collection days
- Set out the unwanted can (empty) on your trash collection day.
- Attach a note stating that you want to throw the can away.
- Crews will collect the cart and discard it for you (no charge).
For questions about the old trash can donation or disposal options, please contact Public Works at 540-667-2106 or email.