Local governments prepare for everyday emergencies. However, during a disaster, the number and scope of incidents can overwhelm conventional emergency services. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program provides valuable training designed to help you protect yourself, your family, your neighbors and your community in an emergency situation.
CERT Volunteers Needed
Winchester and Frederick County residents are invited to become a member of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). CERT is a positive and realistic approach that provides training and prepares residents to help and support first responders during and after a major emergency or disaster situation.
In the CERT training, participants learn to:
- manage utilities and put our small fires
- treat the three medial killers by opening airways, controlling bleeding and treating for shock
- provide basic medical aid
- search for and rescue victims safely
- organize themselves and spontaneous volunteers to be effective
- collect disaster intelligence to support first responder efforts
|City of Winchester||Emergency Management Coordinator|
|Frederick County||Emergency Management Specialist||Chester Lauck|
|Citizens Corp Council||Chairman||Tim Ray
(540) 667-6666 ext. 211
Emergency Preparedness Classes
If you are interested in emergency preparedness and would like to attend a CERT class, please complete the form below.