The Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) was formed in accordance with the “Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act of 1986 (Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act ‘SARA’), Title II, 42 U.S.C. Section 11001”. The LEPC’s purpose is to prepare an emergency plan to minimize the impact upon the community of possible releases of hazardous materials.
The LEPC’s memberships is comprised of elected local and state officials, police, fire and rescue, public health professionals, community groups and the local media.
All meetings begin at 3:00 pm.
- January 9, 2019 - Timbrook Public Safety Center, 231 E. Piccadilly Street
- March 6, 2019 - Frederick County Public Safety Center, 1080 Coverstone Drive
- May 8, 2019 - Timbrook Public Safety Center, 231 E. Piccadilly Street
- July 10, 2019 - Frederick County Public Safety Center, 1080 Coverstone Drive
- September 4, 2019 - Timbrook Public Safety Center, 231 E. Piccadilly Street
- November 6, 2019 - Frederick County Public Safety Center, 1080 Coverstone Drive
- Chairman, Bill White
- Vice Chairman, Tim Ray - (540) 667-6666, ext. 211
- Secretary, Chester Lauck - (540) 665-5618
- Chamber of Commerce
- American Red Cross
- Frederick County Board of Supervisors
- Frederick County Emergency Management
- Frederick County Fire and Rescue
- Frederick County Sheriff’s Office
- Continental (formerly O'Sullivan Films)
- HP Hood
- Thermo Fisher Diagnostics
- Valley Health
- Virginia Department of Transportation
- Virginia State Representatives
- Winchester City Council
- Winchester Emergency Management
- Winchester Police Department
- Winchester Fire & Rescue Department
- Winchester Star
- Rezin Inc.
- Citizens at Large
- Valley Health Systems
- Winc FM