The Old Town Winchester Farmers Market at the Taylor Pavilion off the Loudoun Street Mall will open for its fifth season on Saturday, May 11 offering local produce and products each Saturday from 9 am–1 pm through September 28. Over a dozen farms and vendors will attend the market each week and offer a wide variety of items for sale including in-season fruits, vegetables, artisan breads, cookies, cheese, grass fed beef, cured meats, jam, eggs, and many other items (produce and items for sale vary each week with what is in season).
New this year, the market will offer vegan and gluten free baked goods, as well as elderberry syrup, herbal tea blends, hand-woven rungs, and an expanded variety of natural body care items. All items were grown or produced within a 60-mile radius of Winchester. On average, the market attracted over 800 people on sunny Saturdays last summer.
2019 Farmers Market Vendors
- ALMA Apothecary & Spice (Stephens City, VA) – Organic herbal teas (handcrafted, small batch), organic spice blends (handcrafted, small batch), organic herb seedlings, herbal candles, herbal oils, and healing balms. All products are produced using ethically sourced, organic and natural, fair trade ingredients.
- Bethlehem Farm (Winchester, VA) – Pasture raised poultry including chicken and turkey, grass fed beef, pastured pork, eggs, raw milk cheese, produce, artisan breads, cookies, sweet breads, essential oils, handcrafted jewelry and art.
- Blue Ridge Baking (Middletown, VA) – Specializing in vegan and gluten free baked goods. Vegan: ginger cookies, oatmeal raisin, walnut chocolate chip, sesame flax. Gluten Free: brownies, blondies, peanut butter cookies. Vegan & Gluten Free: coconut chocolate chip cookies, grainless chocolate ecstasy cookies. Gluten free cookies mixes. Muffins.
- Boward Family Farm (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, skin care products, bug spray, baked goods, dried herbs, canned fruit and produce, jams and jellies, seasoned salts.
- Creative Concessions (Cross Junction, VA) – Fresh kettle corn (original and specialty flavors) and fresh squeezed lemon shakers.
- Ebys Baked Goods (Stephens City, VA) – Baked goods, cookies, bread, quick breads, seasonal goodies such as pumpkin bread and pies, strawberry pies, rhubarb pie, and more.
- Hedgebrook Farm (Winchester, VA) – Raw milk cheese including Cheddar, Tomme, Gouda, Feta, Blue Cheese, and Camembert. No antibiotics, no hormones, grass fed Jersey cows.
- Northern Shenandoah Valley Master Gardeners Association (Frederick County, VA) – Educational gardening display and information provided by Virginia Cooperative Extension Master Gardener volunteers.
- R&E Chocolates (Strasburg, VA) – Artisanal chocolates, truffles, cake pops, Oreos covered in chocolate, lollipop chocolates.
- Ramble on Remedies (Winchester, VA) – All-natural elderberry syrup (homemade) and herbal tea blends (loose leaf and bags).
- Seeds of Grace Acres (Augusta, WV) – Produce, eggs, and cut flowers.
- Smoky Bend Farm (Berkeley Springs, WV) – Produce, pasture raised pork, cut flowers, potted plants, transplants, dried gourds, and luffas.
- Tannery Rags (Star Tannery, VA) – Weavings, especially rugs and placemats, felted dreads, felted hair decorations, felting kits, dryer balls, woven jewelry, belts and rags, pot holders, supplies for kids to make items and spindle spinning kits with wool.
- Wild Nettle Apothecary (Wardensville, WV) – Soaps and lotions (made with and without goat’s milk), herbal salves, deodorant, organic herbs, hyrosols, lip balm, scrubs, masks, tinctures, toothpaste, mouthwash, cedar smudge wands, tea blends, face wash, toners, herbal elixirs and tonics, herbal vinaigrettes, and soy candles.
Volunteers are needed to help with the market. Anyone interested in volunteering or learning more about the market should contact (540) 535-3660 or email email@example.com.
Parking for patrons at meters in Old Town Winchester is free on Saturdays. The Braddock Autopark, only a few steps away from the market, allows patrons easy access to the market and is convenient for carrying goods ($1.00/hour).
The Old Town Farmers Market also has a Facebook page for market-specific updates and information. Follow the market at www.facebook.com/OTWFarmersMarket/.