Filming & Professional Photography

The City welcomes groups and organizations wishing to film and set up photo shoots in Winchester.

Whether or not you need permits from the City to film or take photos in Winchester depends on where you would like to film. All groups or organizations interested in filming or taking photos for commercial purposes in Winchester on public property must get permission from the City Manager.  To submit your request, complete the short online form and someone from the City's Manager's Office will contact you.

Based on the information you provide, and our adopted policies and ordinances, the City will determine if you need any permits.  Additionally, we will determine whether or not the City will need any additional information for permitting.  For example, if you will be posting any signs (including small, directional signs) you may need to submit a Temporary Sign Permit Application.

Please direct all questions to the City's Communications Manager at or (540) 667-1815, ext. 1670.

Filming/Commercial Photography Request Form


Applicant Information
Filming/Photography Information