To create a fair and consistent standard by which the Winchester Parking Authority (herein referred to as WPA) will issue refunds for transient (hourly) parking.
A “refund” is any funds given back to a customer whether in the form of cash, check, or credit card return.
“Transient parking” is defined as customers who pay by the hour to park in any of the Autoparks.
Policy for Transient (hourly) Parking:
- All refund requests will be considered on a case by case basis. Requests must be made within 7 days of occurrence. Requests made after 7 days will not be considered.
- Requests must be made in writing addressed to the WPA Director. A receipt must be presented at time of refund request.
- It is the requestor’s duty to ensure delivery of the request for a refund. If a request has not been received by the WPA within seven (7) days of the occurrence, it will not be considered.
- Where it is determined that a request for refund has been made as a result of an occurrence arising from customer user error, it will not be considered for the issuance of a refund.
- Refunds requested by a customer for their hourly parking will be considered only if there is suspicion or proof of equipment malfunction or failure.
- All refund decisions will be made at the sole discretion of the WPA Director after review of the request which decision shall be final and unappealable. The Director will investigate the occurrence through the use of surveillance video as well as our computer system where available.
Facilities Maintenance and Parking Division Manager
Executive Director of the Winchester Parking Authority
George Washington Autopark
128 N. Cameron Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Fax (540) 722-7570