HIVE Child Care Program 2020-2021 (FULL)
COVID-19 UPDATE: Full day child care will be offered for Winchester Public Schools elementary school students only (pre-K-4th grade) four days a week. The revised program is designed for the families that choose in-person/hybrid option.
- Began: September 8, 2020
- WPS Group 1: Tuesdays & Fridays
- WPS Group 2: Mondays and Thursdays
- NOTE: After-school care will not be available for days the students are in school.
- Hours: 8 am-5 pm on the days the student will not be attending in-person learning
- Transportation: Not provided by Parks or WPS
- Students must have an appropriate cloth face covering and will be required to wear it when participating in indoor activities or when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Parents will not be permitted inside the building
- Students must bring an AM snack and lunch (food must not require heating or refrigeration)
- A PM snack will be provided
- Student may bring their WPS Chromebook, but must be fully charged (charging is not available). There will be time provided for students to work on on school-related assignments or projects. Instruction/tutoring will not be provided.
- If the student has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be permitted to attend until the temperature returns to normal, other symptoms are no longer present, a period of 24 hours without medications has lapsed, or a return to school order from a doctor is received.
- Fees: Auto debit payment option available for weekly fees
TYPE HIVE PreK - 4th
Registration Fee (non-refundable)
HIVE Weekly Fee
All Day Summer Camp 2021
- Dates: TBD
- Hours: TBD
- Ages: 5-12 (as of June 1, 2021)
- Weekly Fee: TBD
- Cancellation: One week WRITTEN notice must be given to terminate your spot and not be charged that week
- Registration: TBD
Recreation Coordinator - Youth Services
Winchester Parks & Recreation
1001 East Cork Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Fax (540) 678-8791