In coordination with Winchester Public Schools (WPS), we will be offering a full-day child care program for WPS elementary school students four days a week from 8 am-5 pm. Available for WPS families that choose the in-person/hybrid option. See below for details.
HIVE Child Care Program 2020-2021
COVID-19 UPDATE: Full day child care will be offered for Winchester Public Schools elementary school students only (pre-K-4th grade) four days a week. The revised program is designed for the families that choose in-person/hybrid option.
- Begins: September 8
- WPS Group 1: Tuesdays & Fridays
- WPS Group 2: Mondays and Thursdays
- NOTE: After-school care will not be available for days the students are in school.
- Hours: 8 am-5 pm on the days the student will not be attending in-person learning
- Transportation: Not provided by Parks or WPS
- Registration Deadline: Open until full
- Click here to register online (Required: Create an account in the system if you don't have one already. Existing HIVE members do not need to create a new household to register online.)
- Call 540-662-4946
- Stop by the Rec Center
- Students must have an appropriate cloth face covering and will be required to wear it when participating in indoor activities or when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Parents will not be permitted inside the building
- Students must bring an AM snack and lunch (food must not require heating or refrigeration)
- A PM snack will be provided
- Student may bring their WPS Chromebook, but must be fully charged (charging is not available). There will be time provided for students to work on on school-related assignments or projects. Instruction/tutoring will not be provided.
- If the student has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be permitted to attend until the temperature returns to normal, other symptoms are no longer present, a period of 24 hours without medications has lapsed, or a return to school order from a doctor is received.
- Fees: Auto debit payment option available for weekly fees
TYPE HIVE PreK - 4th
Registration Fee (non-refundable)
HIVE Weekly Fee
No School Days
Available only to students already enrolled in the HIVE full-day program.
Dates: No School Day will be offered to the selected group in attendance these days:
- November 13 (Group 1)
- January 4 (Group 2)
- February 1 (Group 2)
- April 16 (Group 1)
Time: 8 am-5 pm (unless stated otherwise)
All Day Summer Camp 2021
- Dates: TBD
- Hours: TBD
- Ages: 5-12 (as of June 1, 2021)
- Weekly Fee: TBD
- Cancellation: One week WRITTEN notice must be given to terminate your spot and not be charged that week
- Registration: TBD
Recreation Coordinator - Youth Services
Winchester Parks & Recreation
1001 East Cork Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Fax (540) 678-8791