Dog Park memberships are sold on a calendar year basis at Winchester Parks & Recreation Department offices in Jim Barnett Park. 2015 memberships are currently on sale. The Dog Park will close in December for one week to install new locks for the upcoming year. In order to purchase a membership and key to the dog park, dog owners must provide their current dog tag license paperwork and proof of rabies vaccination.
2015 Membership Fees
Winchester City Resident (first dog): $18 annual fee
Additional dog (up to 3 total dogs): $6 annual fee
Non-Winchester City Resident (first dog): $24 annual fee
Additional dog (up to 3 total dogs): $8 annual fee
Sign Me Up!
- Spring/Summer/Fall Hours (April 1 – October 31)
Monday – Sunday = 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Winter Hours (November 1 – March 31)
Monday – Friday = 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday = 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday = 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dogs’ behavior (responsibility of the owner still holds in the event the dog was brought to the park by a handler)
- Users of the facility do so at their own risk. The City of Winchester shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog(s)
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated
- Children under the age of 6 are not recommended to be at the dog park and they must be under adult supervision at all times. Please make every attempt to leave your stroller outside of the fence
- Dogs that are brought to the park must be accompanied by someone who is at least 16 years old
- Dogs must be removed from the park at the first sign of aggression
- Aggressive, female dogs in heat or dogs under 4 months of age are not allowed
- Clean up after your pets with supplied waste bags and dispose of in the provided container
- Do not leave your pet unattended at anytime
- No prong, training, or choke collars allowed
- Digging is prohibited. If digging occurs, please make sure to fill in the holes
- No bones or chew treats allowed (only training treats)
- 14. Food and drinks in glass containers are prohibited
- No smoking is permitted in the dog park
- Dog owners/handlers are limited to a maximum of 3 dogs in the park
- Dogs must be leashed prior to entering and immediately upon leaving the park
- Small Dog Area is designated to those dogs that weigh 30 lbs. or less.
- Parking: The gravel lot across from the Lions Club shelter, the gravel lot next to the maintenance building, and all designated parking lots in the park. No parking in the grass is permitted. Please be aware that you may have to park in a larger parking lot such as the pool or baseball field lot during peak times when closer spots are taken. Accessible parking is located adjacent to the dog park entrance. Winchester City Police will ticket cars parked inappropriately.
- The Winchester Dog Park Committee and Winchester Parks & Recreation has the right to close the park and to make changes to the rules at anytime
- The Winchester Dog Park was built through the efforts of many, many hard working volunteers. Many of the funds used to construct the park were raised by these volunteers through the Winchester Parks Foundation. The dog park committee of volunteers continues to raise funds for the dog park through the Winchester Parks Foundation via corporate signage sold and displayed at the park. You may support the dog park via the Winchester Parks Foundation.