Refund Policy / Politica de reembolso
To create a fair and consistent standard by which the Winchester Parks and Recreation Department (herein referred to as WPRD) will apply refund processing fees and issue refunds for various programs, facility rentals, daily visits and household credit.
- Refund - Any funds given back to a customer whether in the form of cash, a check, credit card, or household credit.
- Program - Any class, program, league, camp, and activity organized and run by WPRD.
- Facility Rental - The lease or use of property including but is not limited to all pavilions, building rooms, athletic fields, aquatic facilities and green/ open space.
- Daily Visit - A one day, one time payment for the use of the indoor and outdoor pools, gymnasiums, fitness room, game tables, and drop-in fees for classes and childcare.
1. Refund requests are subject to the following:
a. Customer refund requests must be received by WPRD and approved by the program coordinator prior to the registration deadline.
b. Customers will receive one of the following refund options based on original payment method:
i. Issuance of a check refund minus a 30% processing fee for programs paid for by cash or check.
ii. A credit to original credit card minus a 30% processing fee for programs paid for by credit card.
iii. A household credit for the full amount of the refund.
c. WPRD will waive the 30% processing fee if it cancels a program, or the customer provides a medical note signed by a physician prior to the registration deadline.
d. WPRD will not offer refunds after the registration deadline unless the customer provides a medical note signed by a physician. Customers with approved medical notes may choose between two refund options:
i. Request a pro-rated refund by check or credit card for the balance of the program session.
ii. Request a pro-rated household credit for the balance of the program session with the full balance credited to the household minus any participant apparel or goods specific to that program.
2. The City Finance Department will issue a refund check. Refund checks should be received by the customer within 30 business days of the refund being processed. WPRD will issue a refund on the credit card used for the original transaction. Credit card refunds should be received within 7-10 business days of the refund being processed. A household credit will be received within 3 business days of the refund being processed.
3. Special event tickets sales are non-refundable unless WPRD cancels the event.
4. Daily visits will be refunded to the original form of payment if a refund is requested within 15 minutes of the same day visit and facilities have not been utilized by a patron.
5. Trip Refunds: Registration sales and tickets are non-refundable under any circumstances unless WPRD cancels the trip. Individuals wishing to transfer their registration to another party may do so within 48 hours of the trip departure and the transfer will only be considered on a case-by-case basis, daily at the discretion of WPRD.
6. Household Credit Balances: Household Credit Balances: Household credit balances will be pulled annually. After the 12-month period, household credit balances $30.00 and below will be forfeited and placed in the WPRD credit revenue account. Household credit balances $30.01 and above will receive a refund check minus a 30% processing fee. All receipts issued by WPRD will state the following:
“WPRD will only hold a credit balance on any household for a twelve-month period. Once that time period has elapsed the balance will then be governed by the department’s refund policy.”
7. Pavilion/Room/Pool rentals are eligible for a full refund provided the reservation is canceled at least 60 days ahead of the scheduled rental date. Pavilion/Room/Pool rentals are eligible for a refund minus 30% provided the reservation is canceled at least 30 days ahead of the scheduled rental date. Pavilion/Room/Pool cancellations within 30 days are not eligible for any refunds.
8. Stipulations: When a circumstance falls outside of the parameters listed above, the WPRD Park Director or their designee will have the discretion for determining any deviation from the Refund Policy.
Aquatics and Administration Coordinator
Winchester Parks & Recreation
1001 East Cork Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Fax (540) 678-8791