The Tevis Street Extension Project (now called Crossover will consist of the following components:
- Tevis Street extension (four lanes with center median) between the current terminus at Legge Boulevard to a point that is the beginning of the bridge ramp for the bridge that will be constructed by Frederick County over Interstate-81
- Right and left turn lanes at intersections/entrances
- Five-foot wide concrete sidewalk on both sides
- New traffic signal at the intersection of Tevis/Legge
- Drainage improvements
- Trees planted between the curb and the sidewalk and in the center median
The $1.9 million project will be paid for using $800,000 in VDOT Revenue Sharing Funds with the balance being paid for by the adjacent property owner and developer. There will be no City funds used on the construction of this new roadway.
Since this project was advertised as an ITB (Invitation To Bid), the City is required to choose the lowest responsive and responsible bidder.
- July 2017 - Perry Engineering was chosen as the contractor for this project
- August 4, 2017 - Held a pre-construction meeting with Perry Engineering and work is expected to begin by the end of August (weather permitting)
- August 12, 2017 - Work began (contractor has 365 days to complete the project)
- March 2018 - Traffic signal arms were installed and trees were planted in the median
- Spring 2018 - New road will be paved and striped
- September 2018 - Project completed