The City is offering payment plans to customers who are past due on their utility bills and have been impacted by COVID-19. Choose a payment plan for up to 24 months. The charges will appear on your regular bi-monthly utility bill if you are a residential customer and monthly for commercial customers and will be due by the due date on the bill.
How the Payment Plan Works
- Submit the online application or download the PDF and mail/drop off/email it to Utilities Billing Customer Service (contact information below).
- Choose a bi-monthly plan up to 24 months:
- Residential Customers (bi-monthly billing cycle). Examples: A 24-month plan equals 12 payments. A 12-month plan equals 6 payments. A 6-month plan equals 3 payments.
- Commercial Customers (monthly billing cycle). Examples: A 24-month plan equals 24 payments. A 12-month plan equals 12 payments. A 6-month plan equals 6 payments.
- The payment plan charges will appear on your regular bill as a separate charge.
- The payment plan charge AND the current bill charge must be paid in full to avoid cut-off. No extensions will be approved.
Submit an application online using the below form. Once City staff receives and reviews your application, you will receive a letter in the mail with your specific payment plan information.
Printable Version (PDF)
Other Assistance Programs
Other agencies are available that may be able to assist in helping with utility payments are listed below, and we encourage you to reach out to them for help, in addition to any relief provided by this Program:
- United Way of the Northern Shenandoah Valley: (540) 536-1610
- Winchester Department of Social Services: (540) 662-3807
- Salvation Army: (540) 662-4777
- C-CAP (Congregational Community Action Project): (540) 662-4318
Utilities Billing Customer Service
Emily Lamb, Utility Billing Manager
Rouss City Hall (Customer Service office on main floor)
15 N. Cameron Street
Winchester, VA 22601
(540) 667-1815, option 5
Complaints & Disputes (Payment Plans)
Public Services Director