Early Voting In-Person
- You can vote early at your local Office of Elections & Voter Registration beginning September 23, 2022, 45 days before Election Day, and ending the Saturday before Election Day.
- Before visiting your local Elections office, you may wish to check your registration status online or by calling the office.
- You do not have to have a reason or to fill out an application to vote early.
- When checking in to vote, you must provide your name and address and show an acceptable form of ID or sign an ID Confirmation Statement. A list of acceptable IDs can be found here. If acceptable identification is not provided, you must sign an ID Confirmation Statement or a provisional ballot will be offered and you are allowed until the Friday at noon following the election to provide a copy of acceptable identification to the electoral board or sign an ID Confirmation Statement.
- Accessible voting equipment is available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for a Vote By Mail ballot?
Click here for the Virginia Department of Elections web page on Absentee Voting and to apply for an Absentee Ballot ONLINE.
To print your own Vote by Mail Application, click here. Print the form, complete it, and send to Office of Elections, 107 N East Lane, Winchester, VA 22601, or email to email@example.com.
To access a fillable Vote By Mail application, click here. Print and send by mail or by email to the Office of Elections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to complete all information on the form, the address where you want the ballot mailed, your full name, current residence address, and the last four digits of your social security number. The application MUST be signed.
You may also call (540) 545-7910 to have an application mailed to you.
Military and overseas voters can find specific information regarding absentee voting by visiting the tab to the right for Uniform Military and Overseas voter information.
When will I get my ballot?
Absentee ballots will be available (for mailing or in-person) approximately 45 days prior to each election. Ballots will be mailed within 3 business days after receipt of the completed application. Please apply early enough to allow time to receive your ballot and return it by Election Day. Call or email us if your ballot does not arrive within a reasonable time.
How can I track my ballot after I send it back?
Click the following to track your ballot: Ballot Scout
How is my vote counted?
All absentee ballots, both in-person or by mail, are tabulated on Election Day in the Central Absentee Precinct (CAP). Instructions will be included with your ballot. They must be followed carefully in order for your ballot to be counted on Election Day.