City 311 Service Requests and FAQs

City 311

Submit service or public records requests and search the frequently asked questions database with City 311. Create an account and track your requests or communicate with the assigned staff. Use the 311 portal online or download the City's mobile app for convenient access while on the go.

Service Request Topics:

  • City tree issue
  • Dead animal in roadway
  • Fire hydrant issue
  • Graffiti
  • Illegal dumping or spills in storm drains
  • Inoperable vehicle on private property only (call WPD's non-emergency line for vehicles on public property: 540-662-4131)
  • Missed trash or recycling collection
  • New recycle bin request (free and for city residents only)
  • Pothole
  • Street light out
  • Street sign down
  • Tall grass
  • Traffic signal issue
  • Trash on property
  • Vacant building
  • Water/Sewer service issue
  • Water/sewer/trash collection billing issue

Submit a public records request   311 Service Request Portal

Frequently Asked Questions   Submit an Innovative Idea to improve City services


Sarah Frey
Public Information Officer
Winchester, VA  22601
(540) 667-1815