My Bill

My Bill.png
A City of Winchester Utility Bill can have up to five different charges for services the City provides. Depending on your location, you can see charges for the following: water, sewer, trash, recycling and/or stormwater.


Any questions or concerns with your bill please call our Utility Customer Service team at 540-773-1358.


Pay My Bill

Billing Pay Options


Generate an account through our Paymentus payment system using the link above. With this online account you can have access to bill history, one-time payment, reoccurring automatic payment, and paperless/ e-billing.

Pay By Phone (toll-free) 


In-Person at the Customer Service Office

Located at: Public Services Campus (MAP)

301 E Cork St

Winchester, VA 22601

By Mail

Public Utilities

301 E Cork St

Winchester. VA 22601

Drop Boxes

  1. In front of Public Services Admin Building (31 E Cork St)
  2. Rear entrance to Public Services Campus (388 E. Pall Mall St)
  3. In front of Rouss City Hall (15. N Cameron St)

Setting up Utility Account

Setting Up Water and Sewer Service 

You can come in person to our Customer Service Office located at 301 E Cork St or fill out forms below to create an account. Any questions please call our Customer Service team at 540-773-1358.

Application        Tenant Form

New Water/Sewer applications and all applicable fees must be submitted by 4pm the business day before business starts

  • A $170 security deposits is required for all New Customers
Renters & Landlords
  • Landlords must sign and submit a Tenant Form before service can be set up
  • Deposits will be held and applied to your final bill

Property Owners
  • Deposits will credited to your account after one year of timely payments.

Disconnecting Water and Sewer Service
  • Call or email the Utilities Customer Service Office before your move-out date.
  • Any remaining deposit will be refunded upon closing an account after deducting any charges due.

Filling a Swimming Pool

Using the link below you can apply for a discounted sewer rate when filling your pool. This is not beneficial unless you pool is over 10,000 gallons

Filling Up A Swimming Pool 

Water Leaks & Bill Adjustments

Water Leak Policy

If a customer should find a leak in their home or property, the customer is responsible for repairs. Once repairs are made, complete the online adjustment form and send receipts to Public Utilities.

Based on the submitted information, Public Utilities will consider adjusting the customer's bill. The adjusted utility billing will be calculated based on the average consumption for the six previous billing periods. Each utility customer can submit up to two adjustments in a 12-month period. 

Bill Adjustment Form

Sewer Stoppage Policy

If a sewer stoppage or backup occurs, the customer should first call a licensed plumber.  To minimize the backup, it is also recommended that the customer refrain from using any facilities or appliances that discharge to the sanitary sewer until a plumber has determined the cause of the stoppage. If the stoppage is determined to be in the City sewer main, the plumber should report this to the City of Winchester:

Emergency Hotline: (540) 686-7173

Utility Emergencies

Public Utilities has personnel on-call 24 hours a day to respond to emergencies such as sewer backups or stoppages, and water line leaks or breaks.

Emergency Hotline: (540) 686-7173