Applications for water, sewer, and trash services can be established at the Utilities Customer Service Office or online using the link below. A deposit is required for all first-time customers (residential and commercial) and all rental properties.
Utilities Customer Service Office
Public Services Admin Building (City Yards)
301 E. Cork Street
In-Person Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am-4 pm
Email/Phone Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm
- Application deadline: To ensure that water/sewer service can be connected the following day, new water/sewer applications and all applicable fees must be submitted by 4 pm the previous business day.
- Deposit: A $170.00 deposit is required for all new residential customers.
- Property owners must submit a Tenant Form before service will be set up.
- Deposits will be applied to your final bill.
For Property Owners:
- Complete the Tenant Form if bills need to be delivered to tenants.
- Deposits will be credited to your account after one year of timely payments.
Closing an Account
Call or email the Utilities Customer Service Office before your move-out date.
Any remaining deposit will be refunded upon closing an account after deducting any charges due. Deposits may be transferred from an existing customer's account to a new account located within the Winchester or Frederick County service area.
Filling a Swimming Pool
Needing assistance filling a swimming pool? Submit the Application to Fill a Swimming Pool and the corresponding fee for assistance via hydrant or garden hose.