Application for water and sewer can be made at the Utilities Customer Service Center located in Rouss City Hall. A deposit is required for all first-time residential customers and credited to the account after six consecutive timely payments.
Utilities Customer Service Center
Rouss City Hall, Main Floor (2nd Floor)
15 North Cameron Street
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm
- Application deadline: To ensure that water/sewer service can be connected the following day, new water/sewer applications and all applicable fees must be submitted by 4:00 pm the previous business day.
- Deposit: A $170.00 deposit is required for all new residential customers.
- FOR RENTERS:
- Complete a Tenant Form and have it signed by property owner before service will be set up.
- Deposits will be applied to your final bill.
- FOR PROPERTY OWNERS: Complete this Tenant Form if bills need to be delivered to tenants.
- FOR HOME OWNERS: Deposits will be credited to your account after one year of timely payments.
Closing an Account
Any remaining deposit will be refunded upon closing an account after deducting any charges due. Deposits may be transferred from an existing customer's account to a new account location within the Winchester or Frederick County service area.