Check registration status and submit changes at www.vote.virginia.gov.
6 am-7 pm
|General Elections||First Ward City Council
Second Ward City Council
Third Ward City Council
Fourth Ward City Council
Voter Registration Deadline
October 15, 2018 - by 11:59 pm online, 5 pm in person, or must be postmarked by that date.
Absentee Voting Deadlines
You may request an absentee ballot to be sent to you by mail up to one year prior to the election in which you wish to vote absentee. In-person absentee voting is available 45 days prior to each election. All ballots must be returned by 7 pm on election night in order to be counted. Ballots may be returned by mail or returned in person by the voter. Click here for more information about absentee voting.
Absentee Voting by Mail
- Ballots will be available September 21, 2018.
- Ballots will be mailed within three business days of receiving your application after ballots are available.
- Last day to request an absentee ballot to be mailed is October 30, 2018, 5 pm.
In-Person Absentee Voting
- September 21-November 2, 2018: Monday-Friday; 8:30 am-4:30 pm, excluding holidays.
- Saturday, October 27, 2018: 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Saturday, November 3, 2018: 9:00 am-5:00 pm (Last day to absentee vote in person.)
Click here for instructions on how to vote while overseas.
Mark the Vote Video
Elections and Voter Registrar's Office
The Elections and Voter Registrar's office is committed to providing qualified citizens living in the City of Winchester the opportunity to register to vote in a professional, courteous, and non-partisan manner. We are dedicated to helping each citizen exercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable fashion in accordance with election laws and the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
|Monday-Friday||8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|9:00 am-5:00 pm|
107-A N. East Lane
Winchester, VA. 22601
Fax (540) 545-7925
Electoral Board Members
- Geoff Lukens, Chairman
- Jody Elson, Secretary
- Phillip Milstead
Next meeting: Monday, October 15 (CANCELED)