- The next meeting of the Electoral Board will be Wednesday, May 27, at 4 pm at 107 N. East Lane. Public attendance will be limited to a quantity of persons allowing for necessary social distancing.
- Many towns in Virginia have May municipal elections, however the City of Winchester does NOT.
- Governor Northam has officially moved the June 9, 2020 Primary Election to June 23, 2020.
- Seeking Officers of Election to work at the polling places on June 23. Pay $175. Click here for details.
- COVID-19 Precautions and Notices:
- The Virginia Department of Elections encourages voters to protect their health during COVID-19 outbreak. Voting absentee is strongly encouraged. Voters may choose reason "2A My disability or illness" for Absentee voting due to follow social distancing guidelines regarding COVID-19. Voters who choose the absentee option should do so as soon as possible so they can get their ballots in time to return them by mail by 7 pm on primary election day. Ballots will be available for mailing no sooner than Friday, May 8.
- Absentee Voting by mail allowed for June 23 elections.
- Click here for the Virginia Department of Elections web page on Absentee Voting and to apply for an Absentee Ballot ONLINE.
- To print your own Absentee Application, click the below image of the Application. Print the form, complete it, and mail it to Office of Elections, 107 N East Lane, Winchester, VA 22601.
- Under Item 3, use reason Code 2A "my disability or illness" if you are choosing to vote absentee by mail to maintain a safe distance during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Office hours also available for absentee voting.
(Downloading and printing Absentee Ballot Application is an alternative to online submission at elections.virginia.gov)
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines for the June 23, 2020 Primary Election
|Friday, May 8, 2020||Absentee Voting begins for the June 23 Primary; in-person absentee voting begins|
|Tuesday, May 26, 2020||Last day to register to vote in the June 23 Primary|
|Tuesday, June 16, 2020||Last day to request an absentee ballot issued to you by mail|
|Saturday, June 20, 2020||Office of Elections has Saturday hours for In-Person Absentee Voting, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Saturday, June 20, 2020||Last day to vote absentee in-person|
|Tuesday, June 23, 2020||Office of Elections must receive voted absentee ballots by 7 pm|
Military & Overseas Voters: 100 Day Election Notice
Check your voter registration status and submit changes at www.vote.virginia.gov.
Office of Elections and Voter Registration
The Elections and Voter Registrar's office is committed to providing qualified citizens living in the City of Winchester the opportunity to register to vote in a professional, courteous, and non-partisan manner. We are dedicated to helping each citizen exercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable fashion in accordance with election laws and the Constitution of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
8:30 am-4:30 pm
The two Saturdays preceding any General Election for Absentee Voting
8:30 am-4:30 pm
The Saturday preceding any Primary Election for Absentee Voting
8:30 am-4:30 pm
Director of Elections & Voter Registrar
107-A N. East Lane
Winchester, VA. 22601
Fax (540) 545-7925
Electoral Board Members
- Geoff Lukens, Chairman
- Jody Elson, Secretary
- Tamar Tufts, Vice Chairman