The Winchester Parking Authority, in partnership with Parkmobile, has launched a Pay by Cell option at downtown Winchester's 568 meters (on-street and in lots).
Customers can pay for parking on their mobile devices using Parkmobile’s mobile applications for iPhone, Android and Windows 7. Additionally, customers can use Masterpass, PayPal, Visa Checkout, Chase Pay, Parkmobile Wallet, and coming soon - Apple Pay, to pay for parking.
Download the App
- Make sure the license plate of the car you are driving is registered in the app (to avoid getting a ticket)
- Be sure to enter the information correctly with no typos (to avoid getting a ticket)
Register Your Account
- To use the Parkmobile system, customers can register free at www.parkmobile.com or through the Parkmobile app on their mobile device.
- Once registered, use the mobile app, internet or call toll-free to pay for parking.
- After setting up an account, customers can immediately begin using the system with their registered mobile device.
Create an account or sign in using Apple ID.
Continue with registration or explore the app and complete sign up at a later time.
Add your vehicle info, including license plate and state. You can add up to five LPN's per account.
To complete your account, choose from one of the many payment options. Please note that not all payment methods are accepted in all areas.
Using the System
Enforcement officers will be able to see that a motorist has paid with Parkmobile using a wireless handheld device. Mobile app users may also choose to receive alerts and reminders 15 minutes prior to expiration of their parking session. The mobile app will provide one maximum time extension, for example, if a meter is two hours then the customer can re-up through pay by cell for two additional hours at premium rate when utilizing Parkmobile.
Once registered, enter in Zone # located on stickers and signs on the meters or choose from nearby zones shown.
Choose your parking duration (varies by location).
Confirm your information, including location, license plate (up to 5), time and cost. Remember to link your payment to a credit card, Chase Pay, MasterPass, PayPal, or Visa Checkout.
A ticker will show up counting down your time remaining, and in some locations, you may extend your session remotely.
- Easy to register and use
- Save you time and money
- Extend your parking sessions on-the-go
- Link payment to credit card, Chase Pay, MasterPass, PayPal or Visa Checkout (where accepted)
- Save "Favorite" and recently used zones
- See suggested nearby zones
- Set customizable parking expiration reminders
- Add up to five license plate numbers on your account at a time