Help keep Winchester beautiful while having fun with each Pickup Party theme (the City's new twist on the traditional Community Cleanup event). Come dressed in the theme for that party and participate in activities to accumulate points for prizes. The more you participate the more you win! We'll bring the bags, gloves, and pickers. You bring the FUN!
|2023 Dates||Theme||Meeting Location||Totals|
|April 6, 5:30 pm||Superheroes||Friendship Park (North Pleasant Valley Rd)||28 volunteers | 260 pounds collected|
|May 4, 5:30 pm||Cosmic Cleanup||Whittier Park (Whittier Ave off Amherst St)||24 volunteers | 180 pounds collected|
|June 1, 5:30 pm||Country vs Rock-n-Roll||Christianson Familyland (Jim Barnett Park)||23 volunteers | 100 pounds collected|
|July 6, 5:30 pm||Vacation/Shark Week||Wilkins Lake (Jim Barnett Park)||15 volunteers | 160 pounds collected|
|August 3, 5:30 pm||90s/Y2K||Overlook Park (50 Montague Circle)||15 volunteers | 40 pounds collected | 28 trees mulched|
|September 7, 5:30 pm||Cartoons||Timbrook Park (Across from the Public Safety Building)|
|October 5, 5:30 pm||Halloween||Shawnee Springs (behind Mt. Carmel Church)|
|November 2, 5:30 pm||Jersey Day/Tailgating||Jim Barnett Park|
Earn Prizes & Rewards
The more you participate, the more you earn! Here's what you can accumulate at each Pickup Party:
- 1 point = Show up and participate in cleanup activities
- 1 point = Bringing water to drink? Make sure a reusable water bottle!
- 1 point = Wear something to participate in the theme
- 1 point = Bring a new friend to the party (1 point per person who hasn't attended a previous party)
- 1 point = Correctly answer the theme-related trivia question at sign in
Get Stormwater Utility Credits
Council decided to make the stormwater utility credits (5% for each party, one credit per household) for attending Pickup Parties retroactive. Attend now, and your credits will be applied next year when the fee goes into effect. You can also donate your credits to someone in the city (even if you live outside city limits). Be sure to provide their address when signing in.
Subject to change prior to kickoff.
- 8 points = Water bottle (one per person)
- 10 points = Pickup Party T-shirt (one per person)
- 12 points = Grand prize raffle entry (1 entry per person per 12 points)
Host a Pickup Party
Want to host your own community cleanup? We'll provide the supplies and pick up the full bags afterward. All you have to do is fill out a short online form. Thank you for helping keep Winchester beautiful!