Public Utilities is responsible for providing water and wastewater services to all Winchester city residences and businesses and a portion of Frederick County consumers.
Providing around-the-clock services is vital to our consumers. Public Utilities has personnel on-call 24 hours a day to respond to emergencies such as sewer backups or stoppages, and water line leaks or breaks.
For reporting an emergency, please call one of the following numbers:
- Daytime Contact
- Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm
- Utilities Maintenance Headquarters: (540) 662-5353
- Emergency Hotline
- (540) 686-7173
Bill Pay Options
The City offers many convenient options to pay your utility bill:
- Pay Online (Automatic payments available)
- By Phone - 1-844-334-8106 (toll free)
- In Person - Customer Service Office, Rouss City Hall, Main Floor, 2nd Floor (across from the elevator)
- Mail - Public Utilities, P.O. Box 75, Winchester, VA 22604
- Drop Box - Located in front of Rouss City Hall
Local agencies may be able to assist with utility payments:
- United Way of the Northern Shenandoah Valley: (540) 536-1610
- Winchester Department of Social Services: (540) 662-3807
- Salvation Army: (540) 662-4777
- C-CAP (Congregational Community Action Project): (540) 662-4318
Starting a Project?
Contact Virginia 811 (online or call 811 or 800-552-7001) before you start a project to have utilities marked. Be sure to plan ahead and allow adequate time for marking before you dig. Then, respect and protect the marks and dig carefully.
Interactive Utilities Map
View City maintained utilities water, sewer, and storm. Click here for the map.
Perry Eisenach, P.E.
Public Services Director
Rouss City Hall, 3rd Floor
15 North Cameron Street
Winchester, VA 22601
(540) 667-1815, ext. 1407
Fax (540) 662-5803
|Staff Name||Title||Phone #|
|Emily Lamb||Utility Billing Manager||Email Emily||540-667-1815, ext. 1426|
|Don Riggleman||Water Supply & Wastewater Treatment Division Manager||Email Don||540-667-1815, ext. 1422|
|Farrell Owens||Facility Manager, Water Treatment Plant||Email Farrell||540-869-1699|
|Corey Crabill||Facility Manager, Wastewater Treatment Plant||Email Corey||540-722-3579|